Saturday, November 19, 2011 10:37 PM
Continuing from my previous entry, this is a brand new story. I find it really fascinating and I just had to jot this down here. I was waiting for a taxi with a guy and his friend. They’re cute and handsome people, okay. Both of them were in front of me first. All the taxis didn’t want to stop probably because it was too near to the expressway or they want to get passengers after midnight.
So this guy who kept looking out for the taxi whereas his friend just sat at the bus stop. I was all tired out as I had full shift and I just wanted to go home. I know these two people. They’re from IKEA and working in self-serve warehouse. But I don’t have any idea what their names are. I see them quite frequently. They seem like nice people who are cool and not talkative. Basically the kind of guy I prefer to hang out with although it would be socially awkward.
Yes, getting back to the story. The shorter guy, whom I like to refer him as Manfred because he looks like a Manfred with his face, was already whining silently because the taxis just didn’t want to stop. He wanted to start conversation with me. He asked where I was heading and oops, sorry, I live further away than you. Sorry. He told me I should take his taxi when he found one. I was already embarrassed because it’s like cutting queue and I hate that unethical act. It was close to midnight, and we’ve three had been waiting for ages long that’s why I didn’t want to take his taxi because that would mean he had to wait for another taxi.
Thankfully, a taxi came and he really insisted me to take his taxi. I know it was really gentleman of him to be offering me the taxi. He got to claim his pride as a man, but I just lost my face! I don’t say anything when I see them around at work. Despite that, I still ask for help when I get stucked at self-serve warehouse. Shameless, I know.
So the least I could do when I got into the taxi was to look at him, made an eye contact, and waved goodbye. He waved back! And he was smiling. His friend didn’t though, I think. But it didn’t matter because hey that Manfred responded~ My shoulders were already drooping onto the rear seat. I was thinking,
OMG I just lost face. I didn’t approach or say greetings when I see them around at work. What should I do?
I didn’t even ask their names because I’m not good at starting conversations and I’m always leaving them hanging. It doesn’t help when I suck at communication. What am I going to do when I see them at workplace? We definitely would bump into each other every now and then especially at staff canteen. So am I supposed to be a hypocrite who smiles at them only after a good deed is done? What would they say about me? It’s bugging me.
Okay, I realised the guy I genuinely like in self-serve warehouse quitted. I saw his Facebook and his working period in IKEA ended in October 2011. Gosh. And he’s Malay. Shocking?